Feedback Thoughts

I've learned through my writing and assignments in college that my biggest critic is myself. So this week, I chose to read two articles that would help me explore that more. The first article I read was Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head by Sabina Nawaz. I liked her ideas on paying attention to criticism, but using it to better yourself instead of internalizing it. The critique can be used to amplify our strengths as well as help fix our weaknesses. Also, she notes that when receiving feedback, we need to take note of both positive and negative comments equally, being sure to keep the positive in our head as well and believing in what was said.

The second article I explored was A Simple 5- Second Habit to Rewire Your Harshly Self-Critical Brain by Joel Almeida. I like how the author explains the elasticity of the brain, even in adulthood, and how you can either help yourself or hurt yourself depending on your criticism. He shows how there is a way to be extremely motivated, but in a helpful way instead of a detrimental way.

Self Sectioned Brain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Pet Lover

Week 3 Story: A Mysterious Old Man