My Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I found really intriguing was titled The Demon King of Lanka, Ravana. The setup of the book was a very good example of formatting. The writer had three stories and an introduction, first introducing the two man characters then formatting the stories as entries read from a journal found by the brothers. The writer seems to have a really great grasp on story writing, which kept me wanting to continue reading. The pictures added are well placed and are a good visual aid to imagine the people and events in the stories. Also, I really enjoyed how the author explained their style choice and reasoning for adding the personal thoughts of the Demon King.
This image was particularly helpful for me to visualize the last story in their storybook
Ravana fighting Jatayu

The second storybook I enjoyed was titled When Trees Talk. I thought the author of this set of stories did a wonderful job of bringing the stories of the ancient and sacred trees of Indian culture to life in a very unique way. I liked how the introduction was informative to give a background why each tree was chosen to "speak". The author clearly put a lot of effort into the story, giving a voice to each tree and explaining why each choice was made. They clearly cared a lot about the topic they were writing about and all the hard work definitely paid off.

Last but not least, I also really liked the storybook titled IE Yoga Studios: Pose Origins Workshop. This was not expected as I was searching through examples, so it introduced me to a whole new option of writing that I hadn't considered. The author tells the stories in a relatable way while also explaining the origin of yoga poses that many people have heard of but don't know the story behind. The images included are very helpful. While the author does a great job of describing how to enter each pose, the images are necessary to see how the pose is meant to be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Pet Lover

Week 3 Story: A Mysterious Old Man