One of My Favorite Places: Belize

I have had the fortune of being able to travel to many different countries around the world. It's really difficult to choose my favorite place because I've been blessed with wonderful memories with my family everywhere I have been. One of the most impactful place I've traveled is to the beautiful Central American country of Belize.

About 5 years ago I got my diver's license with the rest of my family, as soon as my siblings ( I have two) and I reached the age allowed. We had gone to tropical places before, but my parents decided to splurge and take the three of us somewhere we'd never forget for our first official dive trip. And so, to Belize we went. 5 years later and 4 more dive trips under my belt, I still have not seen scenery or density of life as beautiful as I saw in the reefs of Belize.

This image doesn't show any of the animal life, but it is a good image of the reef itself.
Belize Reef image


Comments

  1. Oh, what a beautiful picture, Julia! And I think this may be the first time Belize has shown up as a favorite place post. As you can image, oceans and rivers are a big part of India and its stories, so maybe that is something you will want to learn about. The river goddess Ganga has a mythological sort of crocodile called a makara as her vehicle (Ganga and her makara), and there are some really amazing dolphins that live only in India: South Asian river dolphin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Pet Lover

Week 3 Story: A Mysterious Old Man